Following struggling in his debut season at Anfield, Balotelli's future has come beneath intense scrutiny this summer season, with Brendan Rodgers reportedly willing to listen to offers for the man he signed for ￡16million just 12 months ago.
The Northern Irishman fueled further speculation just final week by admitting he was "not sure" regardless of whether the Italian international would nonetheless be at the club by the conclusion in the existing transfer window.
Sampdoria, who finished 7th in Serie A last season, have previously discussed a prospective move for Balotelli, when Serie C outfit Castelli have presented an unlikely exit route for the 24-year-old.
With Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino and Danny Ings all signing this summer time to strengthen Liverpool's forward line, Sampdoria have admitted getting Balotelli is actually a temptation, but that the Reds would must reduced their asking price.
Reports claim Liverpool are looking for to recoup less than half of what they initially paid for the striker, who scored 4 objectives in 28 appearances final season, but Sampdoria are only prepared to accomplish a deal if the price tag is reduce additional, says club president Massimo Ferrero.
"They told me that Mario was yesterday in Genoa," Ferrero told reporters on Monday.
"He costs €10m (￡7.1m) but, with discount, you appear with open arms."